Thursday, June 5, 2008

Too Much Touch

Listening to: Clean House
Mood: Tired

Psst. Psst. Over Here. Behind the couch. Shhhhh!! We have to be quiet or they’ll find me. My kids. They’ve sent out a search party already. I’m sure every mom has had moments like the one I’m having right now. Anyone who hasn’t either isn’t spending enough time with their kid(s) or she is lying. My children have decided on a double team attack strategy to make me crazy by never, ever letting me be by myself. Did I mention ever? I really feel bad for my husband, who is decently saran wrap-ish himself, because by the time he comes home, I have built a 3 foot steel bubble around myself. The children will still insist on throwing themselves at it and bouncing off, but by that time, I absolutely need some space. My youngest child was born a Velcro wannabe and her arrival has caused a jealous streak to arise within her elder sister who then decided that being away from me (read not touching me) might mean that I will run away to the circus and never love or think of her again. Now this is ridiculous, but I never could tell that girl anything.

My poor husband just can’t imagine why, at the end of the day, that I don’t want anything to do with anyone overly needy or under 20. It has nothing to do with him at all, but finding one more person telling me plaintively that he’s hungry just irritates me to no end. Especially when that person is 33 with perfectly functional arms and legs. I know this is a pretty common problem for wives, but it just drives me nuts to have another immature person adding to the chaos instead of helping me manage it, like an adult.

Becky

No comments: