Thursday, July 9, 2009

*Blink Blink*

Mood: Calm – for the moment
Listening to: Endless chatter

Well then. I have once again surfaced on this endless vapor we call the internets. Hooray for me. A brief up-to-date. I now have an 18 month old and a 5 ½ year old. It’s summer vacation. Insert a “send help and margaritas” message here. So yes. We are in the throes of summer. I’m just trying to maintain my grasp on sanity with my teeth. It’s been a beautiful year in southern New York this summer. We may have hit 85 one or two days. For the Hudson Valley in July, this is a true miracle.

The latest news on the kids is that the eldest has an attitude to match an angry chimpanzee most of the time. Talk about 5 going on 15! Whew! We have our good and bad days, and transitions have never been easy for my eldest. The past two weeks home from school have been difficult to say the least. The youngest is officially a naughty 18 month old orangutan/octopus. She is into EVERYTHING. She doesn’t shoot back “no” to everything she’s told like her sister did, she just moves on to something else naughty while I’m cleaning up. I’ll cover more of her antics later. She definitely has the “naughty look” and laugh just like her elder sister did. It makes you feel a cross of uncontrollable laughter and exasperation every time she does it.

So I’m trying to start writing on a regular basis again, but we all know how well that works out, so, well, yeah. Cross your fingers!
Becky

No comments: