Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm Bored

Listening to: Dilbera
Mood: Calm

Those two words have been the bane of parents since, well, since we stopped using children as free labor on farms. I remember driving my mother nuts with these two words and now the sins of the father (or rather the mother in this case) have returned to the son (er, daughter). I always cringe when I hear this. It means that I get to be either a detective and guess what she wants to do or a circus ring master and actually entertain her. Usually, I groan internally when I hear this chant because it means that my daughter wants entertainment of the glowing electronic variety. A parent can only take so many candy colored characters on Noggin. Especially Moose A Moose and Z. I can remember being bored as a kid, but it still baffles me how a 4 year old with tons of stuff in her room can be at a loss for something interesting to do. At least only one of my children can complain of boredom, at least for 2 more years. Right now she tends to just scream. I try to help her find things to do, like go to the park or library, but I’m not a ringmaster. I’m a juggler.

Becky

No comments: