Friday, February 29, 2008

I'm Counting On You

Listening to: Dance of the Cucumber – Veggie Tales
Mood: Tweaking out – guests coming tomorrow.

So I was sitting in the car at a stop light today when my eldest daughter brought forth one of those gems that make you shake your head and thank god you had that 4th martini that resulted in the conception of your child. Erm, Not that I would know anything about these type of things....... Ahem.

I had invited my sister in law over for the weekend with her kids. My eldest daughter (herein referred to as Mrs. Nosy) knew this. In fact, she was informed that unless she was a good girl and helped clean the house – especially her mess – her cousins could not come over. Now obviously, I wouldn’t tell them they couldn’t come if she was bad, but hey, kids don’t figure this out for quite some time. Anyhow, the cable man had come on Monday and needed access to every single freakin closet in my apartment. Living in an apartment, we are at a lack of storage space and all our extra crap is shoved in the closet. We have had all that crap out ever since I had to drag it all out of the closets. Mrs. Nosy’s room also included.

So while we were sitting in the car, Mrs. Nosy informed me, “Mommy, I am really counting on you to clean my room.” I paused for a second and the responded, “Since when do I clean your room?” “No Mommy. All the stuff you took out of the closets. I’m really counting on you. To clean my room up. So my cousins can come over.” I just had to laugh because I have no idea where she learned that phrase.

No comments: